If you want to know How to toast a bagel in an air fryer, follow a few simple steps, and you’ll get the ideal golden brown friable bagel in just a few minutes. Make this favorite breakfast dish with an air fryer and dispose of your old toaster to save space on the counter.Using the favorite bagel flavor of commercial bagels, the bagels are perfectly air-fried. Or, if you follow the recipe for dough bagels of these two simple ingredients with simple ingredients, you can make homemade bagels.
Why do I need to toast bagels with an air fryer?
The air fryer makes the crispy bagels the fastest, with less active involvement than the toaster and much faster than the oven. You can toast about two bagels at a time, and it doesn’t require much preheating like an oven.
Toasting the bagels with an air fryer is the same as using an oven, but it is much faster than a toaster and can cook more deliciously. That’s why air flyers are reliable for frozen toast or raw or heated bagels.
If you have a question about toasting bagels with an air fryer, “How to toast a bagel in an air fryer”, you are welcome to try everything with a non-fryer! Club. Oh, yes, you can also toast the bagels with an air fryer. Today I’ll talk about the big picture.
How do I bake bagels without a toaster?
If you don’t have a toaster, you can toast the bagels in an oven or an air fryer. If you want to toast two or four bagels, try toasting with an air fryer. It takes 3-4 minutes per batch. But if you have to feed the tribal, try toasting the bagels in a trustworthy oven. Preheat the oven to 370°F. Then slice and use a pastry brush to apply lukewarm water to the cut surface. Next, place the cut side up on the baking tray. Then toast for 4-5 minutes.
- You can also use the oven-baking option to toast the bagels quickly.
- Another way is to toast in a cast iron frying pan. Slice them and spread butter on the cut. Then place it in a heated frying pan so the cut surface touches it. It is the traditional method of heating or toasting bagels.
- You can also consider heating the bagels using the baking mode of the instant pot.
- The best way to toast bagels is to toast them with an air fryer.
MATERIAL AND APPARATUS NECESSARY FOR TOASTING BAGEL IN AIR FRYER
All you need is a bagel. There are freshly baked homemade bagels, commercially available frozen bagels, and more. I love bagels from Einstein Brothers. They are very good. I also like Artisan bagels, Thomas Plain bagels, and cinnamon raisin bagels from Trader Joe’s—blueberry bagels, sesame bagels, onion bagels, etc. The instructions for the airfryer are all the same.
Top with a bagel and spread is your favorite.
Several options exist for serving these chewy, crisp, and tasty bagels. Please read the “How to Serve” section for suggestions on topping your bagels.
Use your non-fryer. Both basket-style and oven-style air fryers work well. The number of bagels toasted with an air fryer varies depending on the air fryer’s size and the bagels’ size. You can put 3-4 mini-bagels in an air fryer.
I have eight quarts. In the air fryer, two standard-sized sliced bagels are included. You can make four whole bagels at a time.
With an air fryer, let’s cook the perfect toasted bagel in just three minutes.
How do I toast bagels with an air fryer?
First, toast the bagels with an air fryer, slice them, and brush them with warm water using a pastry brush. Next, place the filets upwards in the air fryer.
Set the temperature of the air fryer to 370°F and toast the bagel for 3-4 minutes or until golden.Remove from the air fryer basket and place the cream cheese shmear on it, or eat as you like.
Whether it’s a plain bagel, cinnamon raisin bagel, blueberry bagel, onion bagel, or mini bagel, the time it takes to toast is almost the same.
Video Credit: Melanie Cooks
BASKET-STYLE AIR FRYER AND OVEN-STYLE AIR FRYER FOR TOASTING BAGEL
Either type of air fryer can perfectly toast the bagels. However, place the bagels on only one shelf if you use an oven-type air fryer. Use only one shelf at a time. However, an oven-style air fryer can accommodate more bagels than a basket style.
METHOD FOR PROVIDING AIR FRYER BAGEL FOR VEGETARIAN BREAKFAST
- Serve with herb cream cheese shmear and topped with your favorite fresh fruit.
- Breakfast is a traditional way to eat toasted bagels with cream cheese. Also, add onions, olives, chives, and toasted nuts.
- Spread peanut butter and top with caramelized apples and nuts.
- Spread the toasted bagel with good butter, garlic, or herb (chive butter).
- Cover the air-fryer bagels with a thick layer of almond butter, then add all the caramelized bananas and bagel seasonings.
- Add your favorite strawberry jam and jelly, and top with crunchy and toasted sunflower seeds.
- You can also prepare delicious breakfast sandwiches using fried or scrambled tofu.
- Spread butter on the bagel and toast it with an air fryer, then add sliced avocados, nutritional yeast, and sauteed mushrooms.
The idea for lunch with bagels
To make a vegetarian lunch quickly with bagels, try the following suggestions.
- Slice the bagels and spread the marinara sauce. It was topped with shredded cheese and olive. Next, toast the cheese for about 5 minutes with a 370°F air fryer until the cheese melts. The bagel pizza is completed in no time!
- A vegetarian bagel sandwich with scrambled tofu, leeks, and green vegetables.
- Spread hummus, olives, cucumbers, and roasted sesame seeds.
- Feta cheese, roasted mushrooms, and spinach.
Tips for Success
Ensure enough air circulation space and no bagels are packed in the basket. Using an oven-type air fryer, use only one shelf/tray at a time.
You don’t have to turn the bagel over while cooking. Just leave the cut edge on top.
If you want to toast frozen bagels with an air fryer, do not thaw them in advance. Please remove it from the freezer in a preheated air-fryer basket or tray.
1.Can I toast the whole bagel with an air fryer?
Yes, you can toast the whole bagel using an air fryer. However, to get the best results, it is best to slice in half using a serrated knife in advance. To toast whole, ensure the outside is golden and cooked through.
2.How long will it take to put the bagels in the air fryer?
Each air fryer is slightly different, but the general rule for a full-sized bagel sliced in half is 3-4 minutes at 350°F to 400°F.
3.What can I offer with toasted bagels?
Bagel is still perfect for breakfast, and many people like bagel plain. You can also eat it by topping it on your favorite bread toast, such as melted butter, honey, jam, etc. Serve with fresh berries and eggs on the bagel.
4.How do I save my bagels?
If you use a frozen bagel, keep it frozen until you use it. If you don’t eat cooked bagels, keep them in a sealed container, and wrap them, preferably in a sealed bag, for 2-7 days. So you don’t use it immediately, let it be frozen.
Conclusion: How to toast a bagel in an air fryer quickly?
To make a perfect air-fryer toast bagel, slice two standard-sized sliced bagels in half and put them in an air-fryer basket with a cut end up and layered. At 380 degrees, for 3 to 4 minutes, I fry it until it is golden and crispy. Here you have learned How to toast a bagel in an air fryer with our complete guide.